Nonprofits have their own set of specific business needs as well. By nature, a nonprofit operates to serve others and needs to keep its bottom line as tight as possible in order to do so.
Here are some of the things we can help you with:
- Discussing what needs to be done when you want to start a nonprofit.
- Assisting you prioritize the steps to take.
- Guiding you through the nonprofit formation process.
- Assisting with development of the business plan.
- Developing the budget and/or forecast to include in your business or strategic plan.
- Figuring out if the name you choose is available for use in Florida as well as the domain (however, we suggest you hire an attorney for a more comprehensive name search if you plan to go national or global).
- Registering the nonprofit entity with the Florida Division of Corporation / sunbiz.org if you want to do-it-yourself and not hire one of the filing services (however, we suggest you hire a business attorney for this step to prepare the relevant governing documents).
- Ordering the corporate kit, if necessary.
- Requesting the employer’s identification number for the nonprofit entity.
- Suggesting the type of checking, saving, and/or credit card accounts to open.
- Applying for a 501(c)(3) or other IRS tax-exempt status.
- Applying for a Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services solicitation of contributions registration to solicit donations from people in the State of Florida, if necessary.
- Applying for a business or occupational license in the city or county the nonprofit will operate, if necessary.
- Applying for a sales tax certificate from the Florida Department of Revenue, if necessary.
- Recommending an accounting software to use for your bookkeeping and reporting as well as other software solutions based on your needs.
- Serving as your trusted advisor “The Profit CFOTM” throughout the year.
- Preparing your personal and nonprofit federal income tax returns.
We have a vast amount of experience working with nonprofits on both personal and professional levels. This passion and personal regard for nonprofits makes DLHC your perfect partner.